Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I'm still here....

Yep, still sitting in the hospital but doing much better. I'm off my morphine pump and off the IV and various other bags of stuff they hung up on old "spike" (my name for my IV pole). Buster is gone too (so no more urges to go wee wee in the wee hours of the night). Buster was my saline/potassium bag--I figure he'd bust if he got dropped, so he got named Buster. The rest of the little bags (there had to be 50 if there were 4) were referred to as "the gang". I had more infusers going, bleeping, ringing, etc. Now I just have a port and I get anything I need by IV, they use the port. So I am wire/tube free. There's nothing worse than needing to make your bladder gladder when you have to unplug two electrical plugs for the infusers, gather all your tubing and morphine dosing cord and get you and Spike to the bathroom without peeing your pants first. Too much anticipation. I'm looking around the room for some Depends (geez, they have everything else in here!), but no luck. I made a suggestion on the form for Cox to sell them like tampons in gas stations. I don't think they listened.

When they pulled the old port last night (we tried to do an IV infusion and the vein was blown) that was a pretty painful experience. Not much you can do when they are pulling off all that tape. I thought there was going to be a fight as it I was wriggling all over the bed like a worm on hot concrete. Cliff's watching like a 3yr old in gross fascination. Luckily Jeff was very good at getting in a new port in my other arm, which I probably only need for today. Seems silly. Like waiting here for doctors to show up so I can go...

No comments: