Tuesday, August 08, 2006

What happened to summer?

Boy, time just seems to fly by. This summer has seemed like one of those black holes that just keeps sucking things down into it. The harder you resist, the faster you go in. "Grab the cat, grab the cat! Oh, there he goes, and his hairballs too. Sigh." I had so many things I wanted to do this summer (I started to write simmer, and that is probably a Freudian mistake because simmering we are). As I write, my health seems to be on an uphill swing but my Dad had surgery yesterday for paralysis in his arm. Today that are talking about taking him back in because now his OTHER arm is showing more weakness than the original arm. Go figure. He had severe compression with 4 vertebrae in his neck and had nerve damage and some spinal cord damage. They put in two rods and 8 screws. He was liking the drugs though. He was cracking jokes left and right last night. I though I was going to PMP several times (it didn't help that I had just drank a huge glass of soda). It was good to see him in good spirits. Our whole family is keeping the medical industry in Springfield in business this summer. My sister had her gallbladder removed several weeks ago. I'm waiting for one of the cats to have a "tailectomy". teeheehee! I don't know which one would look the stupidest without a tail. I might have to do a little Photoshop work and see how that comes out...

So, for my last thought, we've been talking amongst friends about how we get our cats to come to bed. We run a tough bedtime schedule because of personality clashes. We can't leave Pewter out at night with Kahlua (he don't like her ONE little bit, don't know why). So, Kahlua stays in our bedroom during the day, and at night Pewter and Maki sleep in our room and Kahlua stays out with Mr. Sniffy and Coon. We used to try to chase all the cats down to get them in the bedroom. This got old as Maki had her game whiskers on and just about the time you would reach down to pick her up, she would run away about 6 feet and sit. We would go around the room this way three or four times. It sucks when you realize your cat is smarter than you are. So, I started singing "Mary had a little lamb" in the highest most squeakiest voice I could. I was like the pied piper of Hamlin. She followed me wherever I went. And surprise, surprise, so did Pewter. So that is how I get them to bed, I stand at the bedroom door and start singing "Vicki had a little cat, little cat, little cat..," and here they come, Pewter sashaying and Maki jogging down the hall as she is sure there must be a dead animal in the room she could eat because it sure sounded like it was dying...

No comments: