Thursday, December 07, 2006

Future Projects and Past Projects





Please be sure to scroll down the blog to see the current projects.

I'm posting the past projects for posterity. If you would still like to do some, do a group or just buy one already done (in my copious spare time), give me a call.

I'm working ahead on some pretty purrrrfect projects. No pictures (yet), but they include a fabric covered pail recipes box. Fabric, ribbon and chipboard along with some other embellishments will be a pail of a project.

I'm also working on a Birthday book with a couple of surprises. You'll have to wait to see it. You'll never forget another birthday (although I wish I could forget mine...)

I'm also ruminating over a yearly planner. I should have scheduled this one sooner, but watch out, I may be able to squeeze this one in the December schedule between Christmas and New Year's Day. This will be a workshop class (which means you will be my slave for 4 or 5 hours). Watch the blog and the store sample board. This is a kicker nice project and we will be using the Basic Grey notching tool for this project (if you haven't used it before and wondered what it was for). It will be a 3-ring hard-bound fabric cover with lots of ribbons and the calendars will switch out so you can use it year to year.

An last. but not by any means list, the will be a new version of the purse! Can't let the cat out of the bag (no pun intended) quite yet, but you will love it and it has SO many possibilities.

And, in case you didn't know, I DO teach Adobe Photoshop Elements classes for all you digital photographers (and those of you who get a digital camera for Christmas). You will not be able to find these classes ANYWHERE else. I've been working in Photoshop (big expensive brother) for over 20 years as a graphic artist and have digital gear up the wazoo (yeah, that's gonna hurt). We start with the basics and move on to advanced lessons like image collaging, vignetting, painting effects and making your own brushes and stamps. We are currently using PSE4 as the need to go to PSE5 hasn't made a case for me yet. Maybe later. These classes are offered in my home. I have a complete training set up (projector, screen, lessons, some laptops for those of you who do not have your own), and best of all, I'm bi-platform. For a former MacAddict, it was a bit of a change to work and teach from the PC, but I think Adobe Photoshop Elements is the BEST program, BAR NONE for image editing on any platform, PC or Mac. Adobe has done color image editing for 20 years and they know what they are talking about when it comes to color. They eat every other programs for lunch (I won't mention names, but MS wouldn't know color and calibration if it slapped them silly--don't bother). I'll be getting up my own website on this training soon, called FixThatPicture. It will feature my recommendations for hardware, software, printers, cameras, scanners, etc. Of course you know soon is such a vague and nebulous term...

No comments: